Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Pages Spreads start on left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BVStaples

Technical User
Apr 8, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a way to make Pagemaker start double-sided, facing page spreads on a left hand page? I can only create master pages/page that start on a right hand page.

I am currently working on a book where the chapter openers are spread across the two pages. Right now. I have to make the left hand page the last page of a previous chapter, and start the new chapter on a right hand page.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

BVStaples

Hello,
There is no way to change the default to have page 1 and page 2 in a double spread.
You can start your doc on Page2 and leave page 1 blank.
Then just leave one there.
If you remove page one after creating the file then the graphic or items which are spread over the two pages will stay with the page 2 etc. Unless you have the items split between the spread.
Mainly you will have to find a work around since you can not get the page 1 to be in a double spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back