Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can outside numbers be dialed through submenu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLVtelephoneman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
US
I would like to program the following: someone calls in and the automated attendant answers. The message says "...if this is an emergency please press 5". If the caller presses 5 the system dials an outside cell phone number (10 digit) and the caller connects to that person. Can this be done? If this can't be done are there any workarounds--ways of doing something similar? The manual doesn't seem to indicate that what I want to do is possible. Thanks!

If you have a rel.6 or rel. 7 it can be done with remote call forwarding. What release do you have? Touch the feature button then dial 59.

I have Partner Messaging 7, ACS 6. I can't find a reference to remote call forwarding in the Partner Messaging 7 Quick Ref manual. Do you have a reference to it? I know that individual extensions can have remote call forwarding, but I don't see how to do it with the announcements and submenus.

It's a function of the extension that you transfer to.

Allow remote call forward for an extension in #322. Put the outside number into one of the extension's personal speed dials, say 99. Put a Forward button on the extension, Feature 11-XX-99, and turn it on. Finally, set your selector code to transfer to the extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back