Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Outlook/Outlook Express Share Message Store ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2002
US
Can MS Outlook and Outlook Express share the same message store for internet email d/l'ed from a server?

Thanks

No.
The only way round this is if you re using Exchange server and enable IMAP.
The Outlook 97/98/2000/XP can use Exchange connectivity to view mail (which stays on the server) and Outlook Express can connect using IMAP (keeping mail on the server again)......

"The only way round this is if you re using Exchange server and enable IMAP.
The Outlook 97/98/2000/XP can use Exchange connectivity to view mail (which stays on the server) and Outlook Express can connect using IMAP (keeping mail on the server again)......"

I assume that one must enable IMAP on the Exchange server? Or is it done at the client? Pretty basic question, but then, when it comes to Outlook and Exchange I have to remain a pretty basic kinda guy!!

And, assumming that my first assumption is correct, the Sys Admin weenies have to do that...I can't do it from my client.

Manny Garcias,

BjJb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back