Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Opentext Content Server 16 block certain mimetypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherylAnderton

Technical User
Nov 21, 2016
US
We've tried to block exe and html minetypes via webreport on the departments main folder. Issue is they can still add the unapproved mimetypes via Personal Workspace. Any suggestions?? Can it be done via admin pages but only on certain departments?

The file is uploaded by a web server so it can block it otherwise you can create a trigger on creating like an Oscript callback and block it. The issue with a WR Trigger is that it needs to know the location beforehand.
BTW a partner company called knowledgeworks.ca I know can deliver you this product as they specialize in a product called PRISM which is location aware. Being smart as they are adding the callback may not be that of a problem.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Oscript adventures Blog is my friend who runs Knowledgeworks.ca YES Content Server only understands Oscript at the server level.

Is Oscript a dying technology? Would API work better? Does this solution work with Enterprise Connect and drag/drop?

Oscript is not "Dying" if you want all interfaces to work consistently Oscript is the most ideal way. Oscript language is what the Content Server application is written in.EC uses windows API(C++) it talks to livelink server using the server technology what we call a "Request Handler".Soap API's what you hear as CWS/EWS talk to the Livelink webserver using SOAP Protocol.It is executed by Oscript to do what you need it to do. Same goes for REST, LAPI, etc...

SmartUI is basically a JavaScript Framework which you develop as modern programmers are more easily drawn to it. At the end of it if you need something done in livelink that javascript programmers have to write in Oscript (REST API CALL)or a support module to just get that going :)

If you are interested to see one or two articles I wrote.

BTW Kyle has said in Sep 2019 OT is building what you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back