Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can only connect to wirless router via harwire

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodwf

MIS
Sep 20, 2005
CA
I have a Linksys wag54gs wireless router and a linksys wireless-g pci adaptor, i had no problems connecting wirelessly until i had to change the nic to another pci slot, now i only get an IP address and a subnet mask, there's no DNS or WINS or Default gateway.When looking at the wireless connection status it says the porblem occured because the network didn't assign a network address to the computer.I can however connect to the internet via harewire so i'm assuming there's an issue with the wireless nic. is there something i've missed to configure the wireless network correctly?

I suggest you try rereading your documentation on both devices and check all your options. I think you may have missed one or more parameters in your setup.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back