Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can only connect to web site via IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

max8699

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2006
AU
Hi All,
OK here is a strange one, some of the sites pc's cannot connect to there Internet site via the Domain name but if they type in the IP address of the site it works fine.
The web site is up and running and is hosted elsewhere.
Now if i log onto the server i can get to the web site fine using the same with other pcs around the site, and i can get to it from off site ok, it's just the few in the admin building that can only connect via ip address. These pc's are on the same domain as the rest of the site. It's the same with either IE 7 or Firefox.
any ideas

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

it's ok i solved this one DNS was wrong on those PC's pointing to the wrong DNS.

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back