Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can one user in Citrix network have problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2000
US
I have one user who seems to be having problems in Citrix when using Excel and Word. The cursor keeps highlighting multiple cells. Could it be possible that only one user is having all these problems in Citrix? I don't understand since it is a mainframe type environment. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks..:cool:

This may sound silly, but the user probably has a CTRL key or SHIFT key stuck a little.

Have the user "wack away" at his two CTRL and two SHIFT keys for a few seconds and then have him try Excel again.

You would be surprised by how often I have run across this problem. I believe it has to do with the amount of food people eat at their computers which then leads to crumbs gumming up their keyboards.

I have heard from colleagues who have seen a similar problem using the latest Citrix client at colour resolutions greater than 256.

I will probe this one a bit further and post more information when I can.

I believe that, what you are talking about is, after you mark some group of cells, they acquire a "frame" (kind of bold) and it won't go away until the user refresh the screen by minimizing Excel for instance.
The problem is, as stated above, the user's client (the PC) color scheme is set to more than 256 colors. Set the client to 256 colors and the problem will disapear.
I've seen the problem mainly in NT clients but I believe any win32 (98, 95, Me) will have the same problem. The reason is that any system that "exports" displays or serve windows provide the client a way to choose between "Private" or "Shared" color mapping.That is the case of Unix. Win32 systems does not allow "private" color mapping. The session tries to share the Client PC color scheme but it won't be able, since the session only support 256 colors, causing the Excel weird thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back