Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can one Report delivers infomation in Different Scenarios??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashw

MIS
Jun 10, 2002
CA
This is my first encounter with CR8.5 so please tell me , can one report delivers information in different scenarios if certain parameters are given. For example, I need reports on donations collected in a certian year. From the VB interface, the user enters criteria like whether the donor is organization or individual, if individual male or female or both, specific year, city or state etc. The donation history of organization and individuals are stored in seperate tables. Is it possible to acheive that through one report or do I need multiple reports? If yes, how ? Please help urgently!

Yes this is very easy with one report.

Step 1 - Create your paramter field(s).

Step 2 - Tie the parameter field(s) in to the record or group selection formulas. For example:

{Gender}={?Gender} will return only those records with the gender as specified by the user at the time the report is executed. You can further restrict this particular parameter to have only 2 valid choices, "male" and "female" to avoid the possibility of a typo by the user.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Don Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Thank you for ur help. I did what u told me and it worked but I don't want a dialog box prompting for the value . I want to enter the value in vb interface and pull the report. how do I do that?

If you are using the RDC to open and run the report. Once you have opened the report you should loop around the parameters in the report and set the values as appropriate. For example:

For Each ParameterField In report.ParameterFields
'
With ParameterField
'
Select Case UCase(.ParameterFieldName)
CASE GENDER
.SetCurrentValue = textbox1.value or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back