Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can one CF server handle more than one web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

alburaq

Programmer
Dec 23, 2001
PS
I got one ColdFusion server and Two web servers can I configure the two web servers to work with single CF server

Sort of. We had 3 web servers that referenced our CF App Server -- the way we did it was to have the cf app server as it's own domain. On the other servers, we used framesets to reference the CF applications on the other machine

e.g

<frame src=&quot;
Yeah, I know it is a big kludge, but it worked. Its much easier and better to get CF installed on all the web servers.

HTH,
Tim P.

Normallly you would have a CF server and just load all of your websites on the CF server. I don't see any real advantage to running your websites on separate servers unless it's for administration purposes where the webserver admins can't be CF admins.

GJ

I agree with GunJack's statement that &quot;I don't see any real advantage to running your websites on separate servers&quot;. There's certainly no performance advantage; in CFDude's example above, the server that runs CF still has to process all the pages, so the other web servers aren't really doing anything, not even processing a significant number of pages. If cost is an issue, you'd be better off giving up one of your web servers and having two servers both running CF and a web server than to have one server running CF and two other simple web servers passing requests in to the CF server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back