Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can nsradmin modify saveset string? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouell

MIS
Nov 19, 2002
US
can anyone tell me how to modify the saveset string in a client using nsradmin?

i want to change /u01/app/networker/res to /nsr/res.

thanks!

-john

I was attempting this just a few days ago myself. As of yet, I've had no luck. However, I intend to keep trying.

This should help:

nsradmin> . type : NSR client;name:client_name
Current query set
nsradmin> update save set: /nsr/res
save set: /nsr/res;
Update? y
updated resource id xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
nsradmin>

Carefull with this though. The "update" command in nsradmin will update the Save Set field such that the only save set for the client is /nsr/res. If you have other save sets defined for the client, it will remove those and leave you with the one save set.

The only way I've found around this problem is to run nsradmin update with the all the original save sets (ommitting the ones you want to remover) plus the new additional save sets you want to add.

This makes scripting the change for a large number of clients difficult to near impossible if the clients are in many different groups.

My 2cents....

Herm

Correct - if you want to keep existing entries for that attribute, you must list them here again.

An other way to be sure to update the good saveset is:

nsradmin -s <server> -i <fic>

with <fic> containing:

print type: nsr client; name: <client>; group: <group>
update save set: "xxxxx"
quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back