Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Notes paragraphs in PowerPoint be formatted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeAnimal

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
AU
It would be nice if I could write notes for my PPT presentation in formatted paragraphs.
Plain Text Paragraph, Quotation Paragraph, and two or three levels of Bulleted Paragraphs would do.

PowerPoint Help remains silent on this matter.

"Truth will sooner come out from error than from confusion."
Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

If you choose notes page view, you can add format your notes. You can also display notes page template and format it (incl. bullets).

combo

Thanks combo, but there is a difference between formatting each note individually and creating a template (stylesheet). I don't see any way to create a template.

However, all is not lost!

I found out inadvertently that if I number a paragraph (e.g. "1. ...") then the succeeding paragraphs will be consecutively numbered. Using [TAB] and SHIFT + [TAB] gets me sub-paragraphs appropriately numbered. That is the best I have seen so far.

Does anyone have an advance on that?

I'm working with 2003 version, here in notes page view there is an access to notes' template, which, I guess, you need. In other vessions there should be info how to access note's template in help file.

ALT + SHIFT + RIGHT (LEFT) ARROW - increase (decrease) paragraph's level.
If you already have bulleted/numbered list, you can drag left/right the bullet/number to change paragraph's level.

combo

With the numbered paragraphs I discovered, TAB decreases the level and SHIFT + TAB decreases it.

On 2007 there is no access to NOTES TEMPLATE in NOTES PAGE VIEW that I can find.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back