Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can not tell when an object is selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcjay

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
US
WHe I point to an object the points no longer appear. I can not tell when I have selected an object. The outline of text boxes do not appear when selected. How do I change this.

Live free or die

Can you select anything at all? If not, check to see if the layer is locked.

Nick

Go to View menu/Show Bounding box. I 'm guessing that you accidentally checked Hide Bounding box at some point.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Most likely you hit Ctrl-H (View>Hide Edges), which hides any sign of a selection. This is a really handy feature if you are working on a lot of paths in a small area, but it's also an easy key combo to hit by accident. Hit Ctrl-H again to turn the selection edge view back on.

If you hit Ctrl-Shift-B that would have hidden the bounding box as JM suggests, but you'd still see your selection so I assume that's not it.

Ctrl-H is right there between Ctrl-B, J, and G, all of which are frequently used shortcuts.

HTH

Bert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back