Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not save report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMAN33

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
US
Hi Gang,

CR9 Pro
I just opened up a report that I have used in the past, made some changes to it and now I can not save it, even under a different name and directory. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help

GMAN

What is happening when you try to save? An error, or is there just no save option?

Check the properties of the file, and ensure that the file hasn't been switched to Read Only.

Naith

Naith,

The SAVE icon is not dull, so when I go and try to save it it says "Failed to Save Document" with an OK button and then it says "Not Supported" with an OK button. I checked in the report options and both the report and sub-reports are not selected as read-only. Even trying to do a SAVE AS with a different name and in a different directory, I get the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your time
GMAN

Naith,

I just went into options to make the report Auto Save every 1 minute and now I get the "Not Supported" box again and it will not allow me to get out of it. Every time I click OK it comes right back....strange?....bug?

GMAN

I think I figured it out. With just the Design tab available, prior to viewing it. I saved it under a different name. But is this a bug? Just doesn't seem correct

Thanks
GMAN

I've had the same problem, I opened a report, changed the size of a line then had to abandon the changes because it wouldn't let me save giving the same message you guys have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back