Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can not run oracle form on 64 bit window 10 machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw1202

Programmer
Jan 16, 2007
US
Good morning,
One of my users just switched to 64 bit window 10 machine and the program we have doesn't work anymore. It keeps saying "can't attach library", I removed the library (just a few alerts) and it stops looking for the library and now it says "FRM-40108: No such form xxx" after user id and password are put in to get to the menu. I have made sure the directory is in form path in the registry and all the forms and library are in the right place. It still doesn't work.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.

SW

Do any of your PATH variable entries include spaces? I have seen this cause problems previously.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Thank you. I checked that and no space anywhere. Still not working.

if the program is a 32 bit program, you must use the 32 bit oracle client. If the program is a 64 bit then you must use the 64 bit oracle client.

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

The program is 32 bit and oracle client is 32 bit too. What I don't understand is that another program (Oracle) works fine on this 64 bit window 10 machine. I have recompiled the forms and menu (path in the Start In and registry, environment...) but it now says "FRM-41810 Can not read menu file".
Please help. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back