Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not receive e-mail with an apostrophe in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

krobert

MIS
Dec 27, 2006
US
I have an X750e running Firmware 8.3. I have a customer that has an apostrophe in his e-mail address and the firebox is not allowing it in. I can receive mail from everyone else in the company but this guy. His e-mail address is as follows: firstname.o'lastname@company.com. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know what you did to fix it. Thank you.

Edit your incoming SMTP policy. Go to the Properties tab, click the View/Edit Proxy button next to the Proxy Action drop-down. Under General -> Greeting Rules. Make sure that you are in Advanced View. Find the entry labeled Non-Allowed characters, click the Edit... button. In the Rule Settings area, find the Regular Expression that is listed, it should look something like this [^-.0-9a-zA-Z_[red]\[/red][\]]. Before the \ marked in red, add the apostrophe. The expression should now look like this [^-.0-9a-zA-Z_[green]'[/green]\[\]]. Click OK three times to get back to the Policy Manager and save the config to the Firebox.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Does this user have any issues sendign email to outside of the company?

I believe that you can't use an apostrophie in an email addy... Or at least it's not proper.

Oh well.

On a side note, you might want to upgrade from 8.3 to 9.1

Chris
IT Manager
Houston, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back