Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not reach specific prefix in area code 503

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMD2583

Technical User
Aug 8, 2021
US
Syracuse, NY and I have a CS1000M. When using the LD trunk I don't have a problem reaching this area code (503 - Portland, OR), but I get a busy signal when I try and dial certain prefix's. In other words, I dial a Wal-Mart with 503 area code, I get through. I dial this person's cell with a 503 area code I get busy. Would that be a local provider's issue or something in LD 90 with NXX? It just don't make no darn sense.

I would capture all your Networking data and run the excel tool in the attached file so that you can look at all of your entries. It's most likely that you have a missing code.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Best way to test the provider is to dial the trunk route access code (not BARS/NARS) from an unrestricted phone (CLS UNR and TGAR 0). Then dial 1503 xxx xxxx.
That eliminates the CS1000.

Using my phone as a test, CLS: UNR and TGAR 0. I just got through to some Irish pub with the same area code as a test call, but for some reason I just can't get through to his specific number. The pub's number is (503) 477-xxxx the gentleman's number is (503) 720-xxxx. I wonder if it's the prefix that's causing the issue, and perhaps could be a problem beyond our PBX?

If you can reach the correct destination when you call from somewhere other than the PBX trunks then it sounds like your local provider has a routing issue. You may also have a long-distance provider that is not the same as your local provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back