Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Not Open Photoshope Because There is Not Enough Memory (RAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokerij

Technical User
Feb 12, 2003
AMD 2.0Ghz
1 GB RAM Single Module
Windows 2000 Pro - Latest Updates
Adobe Photoshop 7.0

Can not open Photoshop beacause there is not enough memory (RAM)I have seen some posts for this error, but never any correct solutions or answers, so I am posting again in hopes of solving this problem.

I have a program which shows me my free RAM - it settles around 700 MB free when I have nothing open. I attempt to open up Adobe Photoshop 7 to find the error message above. Earlier in the week I had no issues opening and using the program, had used it with no problem as recent as the night before. My RAM never drops below 500MB of free when attempting to open the program. I have 2 GB virtual memory set on a 200GB HDD. I have not yet unistalled and reinstalled, but from previous post this does not seem to be an answer this issue. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I hope I have given enough information to come up with a suitable solution.

Cheers

S.C. Albertin
Systems Coordinator/Newbie Tech
United Way

Help me to find my way, so that I may help others find theirs...

Have you patched Photoshop 7 with the free .0.1 update from adobe.com? It may not help on memory issues but it is a better place to start.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

I will try that, and post results. I am away from the computer with the issue, but will post shortly.

Nice Signature too :)

S.C. Albertin
Systems Coordinator/Newbie Tech
United Way

Help me to find my way, so that I may help others find theirs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back