Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not login when deployed???

Status
Not open for further replies.

duongthaiha

Programmer
Mar 21, 2007
GB
Hi Sorry for a new bee question. I am having website. I use the template downloaded the get started sessin and published into the local IIS. However when i test the system in Visual Studio i can log in. But when i run then website using then i can not login. No matter what i try the login control just return that Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

Can you please tell me what should i do in these case?

Thanks a lot for your help
I really do appreciate that.

You should debug the application, make sure the correct credentials are being passed through to the database and also use SQL Profiler to make sure the correct query is running and that it is returning the correct results.

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244.

When i publish it to local IIS i publish direct to Default Website. Is that have any effect on the login control??

Thanks a lot for your help

I have test the website some more times and see somethign more about it.

The website can only be run in debug mode. It i publish it then it will not work. When i run the appication then show the error message that user XXXX\ASPNET can not login the database.w Where XXX is the name of my machine.

I have tried to copy the code folder into other machine. However, it show the message that Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again.

I guess there something to do with the database. ??

Can you please tell me what should i do in this case?

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back