Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not input Japanese or Chinese characters in LN 8.5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimuraeiju

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2011
AU
Hi Guys,

I have a Lotus Notes issue that's hounding me for a long time. I would like to input and read japnaese or chinese characters but it just comes up with dotes '.' when I try to confirm the input of any japanes or chinese characters.

Please see below for OS and version details:
- Notes 8.5.2
- Windows XP 32bit SP3
- East Asian Languages, Complex script and right-to-left languages are all installed in the regional and language options

I've even tried changing the regional settings in Lotus Notes from File -> Preferences... but still does not show, and some how on other computers it comes up fine, I've checked and compared all the settings on Lotus Notes and doesn't see any difference.

I'm not sure what I'm missing here and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Are you talking about inputting Japanese & Chinese characters into an English language version of Notes ?

Perhaps you need the Notes Client Multilingual User Interface.
Not sure how to download it. Here are some links...

Yes, I need to be able to write and read emails in Japanese/Chinese in English language version of Notes 8.5.2.

I'll try to install the notes client multilingual UI as you suggested but I believe the others that are working does not have this installed.

Thanks for the info.

Hi,

I've tried to install the Multilingual User Interface pack but it said my notes client (8.5.2) is a different version then the UI pack (8.0.2)... While I was reading the info given above it said it should work for any notes client 8.x.

I'll try to find a UI pack that is the same version and try again.

Regards

Hi

I can't seem to find a version of the MUI pack thats later then the 8.0.2 that was mentioned by you nonguru. Is there any other ways to input Asian languages in Lotus Notes 8.5.2?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back