Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can not FDN a call across our tandem circuits ?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpyone60

Technical User
May 31, 2005
US
I have a copper C.O. line coming in to a Nortel 5.0 system to a Universal trunk card which auto terminates the call to a DN in the switch.
I have that DN with FDN to a number going across our network of tandem PRI circuits to a voice mail DN in a second 5.0 system.
The call rings the phone and then sends the call, but dis-connects instead of completing the call across the network,,,

We have many phones on the first system that are FDN'd to this voice mail DN and they work fine.

Any thoughts on why this copper line does not allow calls to transfer across the tandom lines?????

It is a loop start circuit right now, that might be it??? No work arounds ???

Few things you can do to troubleshoot:

1.) Capture the DCH message on the PRI when this happens to see what the DCH is saying about the problem

2.) Run an enhanced traced on the phone and watch what the state changes are

For the enhanced trace

Code:
LD 80

ENTC <tn> <time> DEV
GOTR

One of these may give you an indication of what is failing.

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

Don't forget about the FREE E911 Webinar Oct. 30th!
Register online at

lots of other possible reasons.. i have a couple of ext's off of another switch that i am using as test trunks, so they are loop.. and they work but they do not always see disconnect..

one thing to check.. what is the ncos of the inbound trunk? that needs to be high enough to make the call. if the cdb opt cfo is used.. another thing is a lot of people take the default on route targ... try targ x1... if the two routes share a common targ, it's a natural block

to test i would clip on the trunk and try calling the fdn dest.. until that can happen fdn is always blocked..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back