Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not establish a Windows VPN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarrahaG

Programmer
Mar 25, 2007
AW
Hello

I use to be able to connect via Windows VPN to my Windows 2003 Server but something has happened and I can no longer connect.

I am trying to make a VPN connection from a Windows XP Pro client on the local LAN (to take our firewall out of the picture) but I keep getting the error:

"Error 800: Unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable or security parameters may not be configured properly for this connection."

I deleted the VPN server and installed it back but still no luck. The Windows firewall is disabled on both the Windows 2003 Server and Windows XP Pro client. The Routing and Remote Access service on the server is running.

What could be causing this?

Sounds like the admin stopped remote access or ports are blocked. Check your firewall and router to make sure nothing has changed.

Hi,

But I cannot connect even via the LAN and the firewall is disabled on the server? I am the administrator of the network and I did not stop remote access on the server.

Well take a look to see if any updates came through in the same time frame this happened. If you need just remote access to the server then look at logmein.com this is a good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back