Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not delete swatches 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolsGuy

Technical User
May 28, 2003
US
I've been working on a document that keeps adding new swatches every time I paste in a table with color backgrounds. I started with a spot color swatch called Orange, but now I have Orange 2, Orange 3, Orange 4, etc. I can't delete them! They are not part of an illustrator file. I can't tell why they keep showing up at all. I'll change the color back to the first Orange but the others keep coming and can't delete them.

If you paste in a table that has a background color, ID will import that color every time. Unless something is raserized, ID brings in the color(s). You can't delete them because each swatch is related to a specific table. In most cases it's really not a problem as long as the cmyk values are the same, but a spot could prove problemmatical.

I'd run a preflight and check the colors result to see how many spots are reported. If each orange is reported as it's own spot, it's a problem.

In that case I'd select the table cells and select the original orange as the cell fill for all. If the tables are real big, you can use TableOptions/Fills/Alternating rows and select Orange for both fills. After that you'll be able to delete the other oranges,

Thanks for the reply. I still have the swatches that I can't delete but I was able to get around it. I had to unfortunately change everything to the spot I wanted. I then went into seperation overview to make sure there was nothing with the color. The bad spots still shows in the seperation palette but when I turned everything but the bad color off I couldn't see anything. I still can't figure out why I can't delete it though.

...every time I paste in a table with color backgrounds...

How are you pasting and from what application?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

From one InDesign document to another. I thought of getting rid of the colors first but it's such pain to take them out and then do them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back