Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not delete label job

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2004
DK
I have a problem deleting a job. I have tried to delete the job but it doesn't react. It is only this job - others can be deleted fine. The problem is that I can't use any other jobs as long as this one is in the system. It is jammed. :eek:( I have tried to restart the services with no luck. Is it possible to stop the services and delete the job manually? Anyone?

Have you tried restarting the server then try to delete the job?
This should work.

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

Is the job still running? Have you tried CANCEL JOB?

-SQLBill

I already tried to cancel it, but it doesn't react to that either. I'll try to reboot the server but it is strange to me if that'll work because I have tried to restart the services Backup Exec uses... But I'll give it a go and see what happens.

Did you remove something thats still in the backup job? Like bring a server offline or remove a share that it's looking for?

Nope; I tried to Catalog a tape and had a label job afterwards. I cancelled the Catalog and deleted the Catalog job and wanted to do the same with the label job. But it stalled. I'll try to reboot the server tonight so I'll know if that will work soon.

The reboot should fix the issue.

"Sometimes I do not know but I try hard"- R.F. Haughty 1923

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back