Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Not Access Network Properties...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUCATS

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2002
US
I am having a problem with all of my network connections (network adapters) where I am unable to view the properties of any of the connections.

When I open the network connections manager and right click on any of the network connections and click properties, the properties window opens but all of the fields are blanked out. And then after about 3 seconds, the window closes and kicks me out of the network connections manager.

Any ideas???
Thanks!

Hi Oucats,

One thing to try first is to boot into safe mode and see if you have the same problem. Also, ensure that your account has the rights to view / edit the network connection properties.

Hope this helps!

Darryl Brambilla
IT Manager

I'm logged on as Administrator and the admin account is part of the Administrators group. So I believe I should have free roam of the entire box.

I'll have to wait a bit to boot into safe mode with it being a production box, but thanks for the good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back