Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can no longer publish from FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFChristie

Programmer
Oct 25, 2002
US
The last two weeks I've been getting several errors while trying to publish an update to my site;

The two I can (sort of) remember are;

1. - Server Error: An error occurred accessing your FrontPage web files... WebMasters see your system log for details.

2. - ??? parse error ??? - This one usually happens after all pages have apparently loaded, and it's almost done (progress bar only has 1 or 2 blocks unfilled)

I have no idea what it means about the system log in #1 - I can't find anything in FP or my server (host) control site.

I've tried wiping the host files, uninstalling and reinstalling FP extensions (10 ro 20 times), etc, but I can't get it to work.

I've verifited that all hyperlinks are within the site to be published, or internet addresses (no linkgs to files on my hard drive). No luck

I'm at a complete loss of what to do. I've asked my host to wipe my domain so I can just start from scratch (I was only updating 1 page on a site that's been working for the last 10 months with frequent updates), but they say they can't do that.

Does anyone know;
- Where the System Log may be?
- What could "common" causes of these errors be?
- Any ideas on how to get past this problem.

Thanks

I've been working with them ever since the problem started. We've uninstalled, reinstalled, wiped, etc multiple times. Yesterday they did a root level reinstall.

Still get the errors.

I'm about to ask them to totally reinitialize my domain - as if I just started it - in the hopes that it's a left over file somewhere causing the problem.

On the other hand, I am using a packaged template (FrontPage). I've been using it for 6 months or so on two site, one of which isn't having any problems. Could it be some kind of broken link or somthing inside that?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back