Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can no longer load web pages following Firefox 3.5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsp1965

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2003
CA
Hi guys, Firefox automatically updated my browser to the new 3.5.6 version and I am no longer able to access any sites. I tried starting firefox in safe-mode still nothing. Totally removing 3.5.6 and installing an earlier version didn't help either. Has anyone run into this issue and is there someway to fix this? TIA

Are other browsers working? What do you exactly mean with "no access"? Any proxy involved? Lost configuration perhaps?

Cheers,
Dian

I figured out the issue. Apparently this new version of Firefox does some "interesting" things if you are running client based firewall software (in my Symantec but also affects Mcafee, Norton, etc). The trick is to have Firefox removed from the approved programs allowed to go out on the internet and have it added again. Wish I knew this after installing/re-installing diff versions all morning LOL!!! as I have never had this happen in the three or so years I have been using Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back