Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can music be played throughout a website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby8685

Technical User
Mar 5, 2006
US
I am trying to get music to play throughout a website without it restarting and reloading when moving between pages. Is there a way to do this? I have tried some things with my limited knowledge of it and have come up unsuccessful. Thanks for the help.

Yes there are a couple of methods but what you are trying to do may annoy your users. Why not just create a link to the file so that the users can listen to the music if they want rather than try to force something upon them?

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

It is for a client who wants this feature. Now that you mentioned it, it an annoyance on some if the sites with it. However ht client may still want it. In which case, can the user control the music and have it play through the entire site? Thanks.

can the user control the music and have it play through the entire site?
Yes if you just give them a link to the file as I suggested above. The other alternatives are frames and flash but both methods have drawbacks whereas having a link to the file doesn't.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

OK, thanks. I'll convince them to give the user full control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back