Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Multiple Mailboxes show on one display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justaphoneguy

Vendor
Oct 24, 2003
US
First time caller - please be kind.

I have a customer that has a CIC 6.1 with Call Pilot 100, 1 M7310 as a main counter phone and 3 T7406 working off one base as floor/warehouse phones. Caller is greeting by auto attendant and given 4 options to dial (1 sales, 2 catalog etc). The CCR transfers them to phantom extension and the T7406 has these as answer DN positions. This way the call is identified in advance so they can answer calls in a priority level. If there is no answer after 4 rings it goes to a mailbox associated with the Phantom DN. Currently each of the 4 phones has message notification but the customer would like the counter phone (7310) to be the focal point. I have explained how to retrieve all mailbox messages using F981, * log: 2311111 from one phone but customer feels it cumbersome. Is there a way to have 7310 show message notification for all? and what about using preset keys with run/start or pauses for the inputs?

Any ideas - Thanks in advance

Bkl

I thought that would be the case - though I would throw it out there if anyone had devised a way around it. Thanks for the response.

bkl

you can set it up for message notification to appear on one set (F981 - admin - 6) or are you saying you have already done that?

Thtek
[ponytails2]

ideally - I would like all 4 mailboxes to indicate they have a message on set 221. What I am finding is that as I assign the first mailbox to 221 - I can not assign anymore to it because it already has one associated with it.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Bkl

What Thtek was referring to was message notification, which calls the internal, or external number and notifies of a message left in a particular mailbox. For instance, if you want 5 extensions notified when a message is left in mailbox 100. you can go into mailbox admin for 100 and setup an outdial to each internal extension you want notified and it will call those extensions and in the display it will state "message for 100-press any key..." you can then enter the password for mbx 100 on whatever set you are at and hear the message that was left. Since you cannot assign mailboxes to multiple extesnions, this is what I've found to be the best alternative.

ajNtek
[ponytails]

Thanks for the descriptive answer. I will try this and see if this is a suitable solution according for the owner.

Bkl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back