Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can MSM listen on Specific IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvasa

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2009
US
The Linux machine has 5 NICS (ethernet), and only 1 of the Ethernet has a public IP address where the remote computer can access.

I am running MSM (MegaRaid Storage Manager) on the machine. I have noticed that MSM is started up and Binding with the IP from the 3rd Ethernet Address, which is a private IP.

When I try to connect though the 5th NIC (this is the public IP), the connection does not work, as the MSM Server is not Listening on that port.

How do I make the MSM Server listen on a Specific IP? This way, I can can then log in remotely, instead of just only on the local machine.

I did ask this question to the LSI Support Staff, but I haven't been so successful with there responses. I am looking at how I can change the startup.sh script so it binds to a IP.

This is the response I did get back from LSI:

Please accept my apologies, but MSM is not designed to function in a system with multiple NICs.

Best Regards,

Please let me know if there is a hack, or something I can change in the Framework Startup Scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back