Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can MOH play multiple wav files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bekcom

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2005
CA

I have a request to have callers sequence thru MOH flies i.e. caller 1 gets wav file # 1 caller 2 gets wav file #2. Anyone doing something like this ?

Thanks

Old ROLMan working on Norstars/Cisco/Avaya

The CUCM device which puts the call on hold determines which MOH source file is heard by the caller. So if Device #1 is assigned MOH #1 and puts Caller #1 on hold, and Device #2 is assigned MOH #2 and puts Caller #2 on hold, then yes. No problem.

Alternately, I guess it would be possible to use UCCX to perform some algorithm to track the calls and dynamically play a selected file for calls in queue based on the variable outcome of the algorithm. E.g. If the CallId were an even number, play MOH 2. If the CallId were an odd number, play MOH 1. Doing so would seem pointless however, unless I'm totally missing the point. Would you want to explain what is the business application for performing this request please? Thanks

We are looking to play local artists on our music on hold and did not want the same artist played first all the time. This would be within CUCM for 7945/65 phones and also our CCX scripts.

Thanks

Old ROLMan working on Norstars/Cisco/Avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back