Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can linux and microsoft coexist

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillnumber1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
I have a question to all. I am new to linux. I have my MCSE as well as my Mcsa. I am just amazed at the strides that Linux (Redhat, Mandrake, and Suse) have made in the past year. Compared to Novell that didnt like to play well with microsoft. Which probably led to their downfall. I am just thinking about all the progress that they have made and how far are they willing to take it. I have decided to pursue a linux certification as well. I heard that Redhat is the best choice. I guess what I am really after is linux the future are just a passing fad. I like the progress that they are making so I am going to pursue it to the fullest. For you guys that do have your RHCE has it increased your pay. What benefits have you reaped from the knowledge that you have gained by learning linux.

Linux will interoperate with Micro$oft systems. There is no sign that Linux is a passing fad despite Bill Gates fervent hopes. In any event given that Linux is "Unix-like" and training you do on Linuc will help you if ever you work on more traditional Unix systems.

No !

All Microcrap Must DIE !

Just kidding... if there was no Microcrap and nothing but Unix then all of the IT market would be flooded with Point and Click Admins :)

HAHAHA.
Just had to take a shot at all the WIN guys

its not about linux or novell playing "well with microsoft" its more a case of
microsoft playing well with linux...

u mentioned the progress that linux has had in the last few years... just think how it will be if its allowed to mature *past the MS & Unix mould" the innovation of projects like knoppix plus many others will be the driving force of computing...

If you look at the amount of time and reported money that it takes MS to produce a product like XP which is nothing more then a minor reworking of win 2000. Then compare say RH6.0 with RH8 or 8.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back