Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can labelview return a value to my db? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klabaza

MIS
Aug 3, 2005

I had been reading the manual of label view 8.01.

It say something about that can update databases fields, must be numeric, etc,etc.

I had been trying to setup this but I still cannot make it happen.

Someone know if lv 8 can return a value to my table?

I was thinking that if this is possible, after print my record it will return a value that say "record" print.

But don't know if is possible.

Any info about will be appreciated, thanks!!!

NOTE: Windows XP Pro, ODBC MySQl 5.1.x.

Admittedly I know nothing about label view 8.01 or any other version of the product.

But have you contacted their support people to ask your question?

They will be the best avenue for support for their own product.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Hi jrbblr.

I try, but they want me to pay $150 bucks just to tell me yes or no.

Well your next best bet would be to do a Google search for:
"labelview" support
and see if you can find users out there who might have the application-specific experience you are looking for.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

If the application vendor will not support their own product within a reasonable timeframe of your initial purchase for free, I think that I'd return the product and get my money back.

There are a number of other Barcode Label writing applications out on the market.

And, if that application had to somehow be integrated with your MySQL database, then you could always get a 'proprietary' application written for you.

As a last note - if this need is truly BUSINESS CRITICAL then spending the $150, while being most disagreeable, is a no-brainer - you have to do it.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

I had contact LV and this option is "not supported", I follow your tip, that say

"if this need is truly BUSINESS CRITICAL then spending the $150, while being most disagreeable, is a no-brainer - you have to do it."

Them I had to see how can I make this happen or search for a other sw that can make this easy, thanks!!!

The writing of information back to an 'external' data table is not a typical function of a Label writing application.

I hope you do indeed find something off-the-shelf that will work for you.

But if not, you could likely get a contract software developer to create something for you that will precisely meet your needs. It should not be too difficult a project.

Again, if it is BUSINESS CRITICAL, you have to get the requirement done somehow - regardless of it costing more than you would prefer.

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back