Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Jakarta Tomcat and Apache WebServer co-habitate? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnScott

Programmer
Jun 4, 2001
MU
Hi everyone,
I'm having a heck of a time getting Tomcat to service my JSPs properly. Earlier, I first installed the Apache Web server to handle Perl scripts, time went by and I got to know PHP. I got the proper parser and reconfigured Apache to service PHP stuffs... it worked just fine and it is still working. Now that I am turning on to JSP Tomcat is bugging! The problem is that, I got to get it working but when I browse ' I get the default html page that is found in my default Perl root directory instead of finding the default Tomcat Page. I tried copying the tomcat 'examples' directory to this root (thinking it would work) but no JSP active content were being processed..
... what the heck am I supposed to do about it? ...kick Apache out?

They can and will easily exist together on the same box. This is in fact the most popular setup. Apache is used to serve static page content and Tomcat is used for any dynamic content. Check Tomcat's website for more details of settup up the Apache-Tomcat Proxy at
Also double-check to see which directory Tomcat looks for content in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back