Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can ISDN Display time and date on Caller ID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryspin

Technical User
Apr 7, 2002
US
I have ISDN service and caller Id only displays the telephone numbers,
my question...is there anyway to get the time and date of those calls...? thank you. Gerry.

The phone number is all you get. “Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all”

Fisher CCNA,(CCNP-Routing)
UOP Student BSIT
[americanflag]

Most ISDN display phones include time and date. Whether or not they get that info from the Q.931 SETUP Message or from an internal clock is probably specific to each manufacturer. There are fields in the Q.931 spec to carry date and time although I'm not sure each switch vendor populates those. Sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks flies4fun, i wanted to say for future reference that when i was connected at 64k i did'nt get date and time on my caller Id, but resently I upgraded to 128k and now for some reason I get date and time, im a happier camper now even thou I realize I will never get any names....Gerryspin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back