Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can intercept route send send calls to an external DID on another pbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddmarra

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2003
US
I am considering installing a KX-TA1232 in a small office. This is a remote office and voice mail is hosted on another pbx in the main office. For this reason, I would like the system to interecpt "unanswered calls" and automatically forward each call to it's respective DID on a different pbx which will handle voice mail. I have been reading the programming guide for the 1232 but haven't been able to locate the functionality.

Can someone please let me know if this is possible. I imagine it would be similary to setting a "coverage path" and "remote forward" in a Luceny Definity. I have never programmed a Panasonic switch before which is why I am asking.

Thanks for any help!

- Todd

you can call fwd the ext to a ddi on the other system (you mush set the system to allow trunk to trunk transfer). then on the over system setup a phamton ext then this is set to callfwd all calls to the voicemail. You will have to set up a voicemail box up for this ext on the TVP100/200. But it would not light the lamp on the phone on the other site. Also it must be isdn and not alog lines as if it is alog lines then it would transfer but when the call has ended the lines would not clear down.
Or sell then a voicemail system aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back