Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can install BO on a server which is acting as Citrix Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan77

Programmer
Jan 14, 2004
US
Hi,
I need to find out if we can install BO on a server which is acting as the Citrix Terminal Server.
We should then be able to access BO from any PC by connecting through the citrix terminal server client.
IS this possible?
And also will there be any licensing issue. Will we need to get seperate BO license for each and every client connecting to Terminal Server.
Also is there any version compatability issue between BO and Citrix Terminal Server.

Thanks in advance.
Rohan

Many customers run BO on Terminal Server. I believe this is well documented. You should do a search on busobj.forumtopics.com and you'll find some stuff.

Steve Krandel
Westbay Solutions

Steve is right. The way that the licensing structure is set up is that each individual user must have a license, but that user may run multiple instances of the product.

Though actual enforcement of the licensing is rather lax, the laws and documentation regarding it are very explicit. It is your responsibility to police this use and conform to the licensing agreement(s).[noevil]

Not to be a joykill but, I have deployed BO in a citrix farm and have NOT been happy with the results...Crashing servers, slow queries, etc,etc. The performance of a desktop install is FAR FAR better than an install on a citrix server via a published app....Just my 2cents..no offense intended at all.

No offense taken.

However, I know of MANY clients who are very happy with BO on Citrix. Performance is fine and maintenance is easy.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back