Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can INformatica be installed be used via Citrix Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan77

Programmer
Jan 14, 2004
US
Hi,
I need to find out if we can install Informatica on a server which is acting as the Citrix Terminal Server.
We should then be able to access the Informatica from any PC by connecting through the citrix terminal server client.
IS this possible?
I know informatica works via the microsoft 2003 server terminal server, but am not sure about citrix.
And also will there be any licensing issue. Will we need to get Informatica license for each and every client connecting to Terminal Server.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure of the technical and licensing aspects but you can certainly use Citrix Terminal Server to connect to Informatica. When I used it on my last project it was a matter of logging in as you would using the client straight on a PC so perhaps the same licensing rules would apply - but I'm not sure.

One thing - Citrix was a bit dicey with the connection, kept going down and we kept losing changes. But then it was a remote connection to another office so perhaps it was their network, no one actually could confirm this.

Jon

Thanks for the reply.
Just one more thing I want to confirm. I hope there are no version issues with Informatica and Citrix Terminal Server. What I mean is we can use Informatica version 5.1 or 6 or 7 with any version of Citrix Terminal Server right?
Can you please confirm this.

Thanks for the help.
Regards
Rohan

Hi Rohan,
There is no version issue as you have mentioned.Both are independent of each other. Anyway, you have to cofigure the Citrix server for using informatica.
Regards,
Ani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back