Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can import and have multiple email accouts in OExp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCO

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001
US

Thank you for reading my post. I'm going away for the summer and I would like to use the outlook express on the computer at where I am staying to be able to access my home computers email accounts while not having to delete the computers default email up there. Is there a way I can leave the default email at the summer location and be able to sign in and access my home account as well? Thanks again for reading and your help...Kevin

There are a number of possibilities, some better than others.

1. If your existing ISP has a webmail interface, you can use that to access your mail without doing anything to the summer location computer.

2. If your ISP doesn't have a webmail interface, you can still access your mail with something like (there are other similar services this is just one of several).

3. Get a hotmail or yahoo account that you can use to collect your home e-mail.

4. You could add the account to OE on the summer location computer. You may want to set up some mail rules to collect your mail into a specific folder. Be sure to remove the account when you leave at the end of the summer.

5. An expansion of #4 - Create a new Identity in OE on the summer computer for the home account.

There are still other possibilities, but one of the above will probably work the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back