Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can IDC be used on H323 Virtual trunks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlas

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
GB
Hi

we have a CS1K Rls 5.5 that uses H323 virtual trunk.In the RLB I have associated a IDC table and added entries but it doesn't seem to use it. Can anyone confirm that you can use IDC on Virtual Trunks please.

Cheers in advance

M

You said RLB do you mean RDB

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I sure did. Sorry thats what happens when your doing work on a PABX and writing a question at the same time.

Hi

I did a DCH trace and when I dialed from a test site 71235xxx I see the call come in and the IDC table has 71235 5 but its not applying the translation?

OK, print LDN block (LD 21) and count the length of LDN0. The switch will only look at that number of digits on the DCH before applying IDC. If you have a 4 digit LDN0 the switch will look at the last 4 incoming digits, etc.

Once you know that then ignore any other leading digits and apply IDC on the relevant digits only.

Example:
Incoming DCH shows call to 123456, LDN is set to 4 digits, IDC will try to match against 3456.

Senior Engineer, cmass

The LDN 0 in LDN_DATA should only apply to PRI DID routes not TIE Virtual Trunk routes, see NTP exert :

"Listed Directory number 0 must be defined for ISDN PRI
DID service.
The length of LDN0 determines the number of trailing
digits translated as the dialed DN on PRI DID routes. "

#################

Your Virtual Trunk route is set to TKTP = TIE i would pressume, so LDN0 should not apply.

I see your trying to do a block IDC change here.

I.e. converting 71235xxx to 71235 5.

Have you tried entering a single number in the IDC table e.g. 71235000 5000. In this case 5000 would be extn number on the local switch.

Also make sure you have IDC set to YES on the RDB for Virtual Trunks and that it is set to look at the correct IDC table number.

Post a print of Virtual Trunk RDB and IDC table to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back