Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use the JDBC to Microsoft Access in Linux?.Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

djiska

Programmer
Mar 5, 2003
ES
Hi
I run an application. This application is attempted to connect to a Access's file(this file is in Linux). But it gives me a exception "java.sql.SQLException:No suitable driver". I think that it can lack the driver. if it is so. can you tell me where can I to get?

The code is that:This run rightly in Windows

import java.sql.*;
    class Test
    {
        public static void main(String[] args)                                                 
        {
            try {
                    Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");
                                        // set this to a MS Access DB you have on your machine
                                        String filename = "/home/jaac/java/prueba/prueba.mdb";
                                        String database = "jdbc:eek:dbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=";
                                        database+= filename.trim() + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}"; // add on to the end
                                        // now we can get the connection from the DriverManager
                                          Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection( database ,"","");
                        }
                        catch (Exception e) {
                                   System.out.println("Error: " + e);
                        }
                 }
         }

try this...

connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:eek:dbc:Driver={MicroSoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" + filename+","","");

The two quotes at the end are if you want to supply a user name/password (below is another example) there needs to be 1 blank apace before (*.mdb) !!!

jdbc:eek:dbc:Driver={MicroSoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" + DataBasePath + ","dba","sql");

And if I'm not mistaken (However I can/and have been wrong in the past)..."DriverID=22;" is if you are connecting to an Excel spreadsheet w/ODBC...

also you may want to take a look at this site:
it show you how to:
Connect an MS Access database, using:
The JDBC/ODBC Bridge (local)
RmiJdbc and the JDBC/ODBC Bridge (allows remote client/server)
Or how to make the JDBC/ODBC Bridge become a Type 3 (client/server) JDBC Driver!

hope this help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back