Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use MsgBox in a dll?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slarti

Programmer
Feb 5, 2003
GB
I've compiled a dll which compacts databases given the filepath, password etc of the DB and it works just fine, however I test for an ldb using FileExists and if this returns True the dll doesn't compact but reports back to the user via a MsgBox. The report only works in the design environment when I have both the dll and the Project using the dll open in a group. If I run using the compiled dll it works but doesn't report using the MsgBox. Does MsgBox work from a dll? I can get the dll to return True or False of course but am curious as to whether a dll can use MsgBox.

Goto the project properties of your ActiveX DLL project and make sure that you have not selected the 'Unattended Execution' checkbox on the General page.

When this option is enabled, all visual components including message boxes, input boxes and forms are disabled in the host DLL.

See this for further details.

Didn't think of that one...

Well said that man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back