Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use Crystal Reports without installing the ACT program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokerace

Technical User
May 24, 2005
US
I have Crystal Reports and ACT installed on my PC. I am able to use Crystal to connect to the ACT database and pull information. If I want to do the same thing on another PC that only has Crystal and not ACT intalled, can I get away with only installing a select few ACT dlls that will allow me to use Crystal without the actual program installed? If so how?

Thanks

With ACT! 2000 (5.0), you can look at the DBF file (contact info only) without ACT! installed with no problems.

You can look at some of the other ACT! sub-tables if you connect their UniqueID correctly.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
For ACT! by Sage and ACT! for Lotus Notes

Just thinking, CRW had the ability in some versions to access the ACT! database with the links already done... can't remember which versions of CRW supported which versions of ACT!... you might contact CRM support to be sure - there were patches required for some versions as per
I really recommedn looking at Clear Crystal Reports which has a bunch of great reports that can be modified and special links to ACT! -
Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust
For ACT! by Sage and ACT! for Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back