Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use ANI info to allow incoming calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie91

MIS
May 5, 2003
US
My situation is a little different. I am trying to figure out how to PERMIT/ALLOW calling numbers, based on ANI information, as opposed to blocking. I thought maybe I could block on a negative result instead of permitting on a positive match, but I don't see where that is supported.
Essentially I need a white-list, not a black-list. By default all calling numbers would be blocked, EXCEPT for the ones I allow. I guess its something like an ANI ACL. Is that even possible?
Oh, and to make things even more interesting, the "white-list" will probably need to reside on an ACS type external repository. First action will be to ask it if 555-1212 is allowed. If not, terminate the call. If it is, then begin a standard PPP CHAP session setup.
The desired hardware would be something like a Cisco AS5300/AS5400.

Any thoughts? [ponder]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back