Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use 32 bit ODBC with CF9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyndonOHRC

Programmer
Sep 8, 2005
US
I'm trying to move my existing applications from CF5 to CF9.

New server is Win 2008 R2 with CF9 64 bit installed.

I setup my data sources using the 32 bit ODBC data source administrator because there is no 64 bit dBase ODBC Driver. We have legacy MD-Dos applications that still add/edit dBase data and my CF applications need to read this data. (No need to add/edit). This was never a problem with CF5.

When I am adding the data source in the CF Administrator and I choose "ODBC Socket" as the driver it only lists data sources created with the 64 bit ODBC data source administrator. A dBase driver is not offered as a choice in the 64 bit administrator.

BTW, if I choose Microsoft Access as the driver the CF administrator displays the following error: "Unable to update the NT registry. Variable DRIVERPATH is undefined". But the data source setup using the 32 bit managers still works fine.

Does anyone know how I might be able to setup a dBase driver for my new CF 9 server?

Thanks in advance.

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

OK, I solved this problem and wanted to share the solution.

I found a jdbc type 4 drover for XBase at
Just using the demo for now but it seems fine and should provide the bridge solution I need to get me on the new servers where I FINALLY have SQL.

Use these steps to install the StelsDBF product on CF9.01:

Create Data Source in CF Admin

Driver Type = other

JDBC URL = jdbc:jstels:dbf:c:/[folder where dbf files are]
Driver Class = jstels.jdbc.dbf.DBFDriver2

jar location = c:\coldfusion9\

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back