Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can I upgrade this CICS software? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

modulistic

Technical User
Feb 7, 2008
US
I am a vendor for a small telco, but Ive never done any keycodes so this is new to me. I have a customer with a CICS currently set for 16 sets. the software is NT7B66EF CICS 7.1 rel 01

is this expandable with a keycode to 24 sets? I hope. also, I read that there are older CICS systems that might be restricted in this manner? Thanks

No key codes are required on the Key Systems.
You will need to get an expansion cabinet, with a new card 0x16

**OOPS**
Sorry my mistake, thinking about MIC's systems. The MIC's can be added to via a fibre and expansion cabinet.

CIC's on the other hand requires a Combo Card. It is a little card that will give you 8 more digital sets to the system.
The most a CIC's can handle is: 24 Digital sets + 8 Analogue trunks.

I could have sworn I have seen some 8x24 CICS cabinets out there... how are those running 24 sets?

There is a smaller card that plugs into the right of the trunk card that will give you 8 more stations.

One of these or similar.

Nortel Norstar CICS TCM Station Card (0x8)

(Model # NTBB04)

To set the record straight:
Restricted Software = allows for 4X8
Standard Software = allows for 4X8,4X16,8X16

You must have Standard software (also know as expanded software) to allow for a Services Cartridge which will allow from 8X16 to 8X24.

To unrestrict software a key code is required.....how ever its just as cheap now to purchase Standard Software and replace the Restricted Software.

You can find our your veriosn via Maintenance/SystemVersion in config programming.

However since you already have 16 phones you are good to go on just purchasing/adding the Services Cartridge.

Power Down, install, Power up, ports will now be active.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Curly I havnt seen restricted software for a long time. Do they still make it on the newer software? Iwas just wondering.

Thanks for the help. I have seen several of those smaller cards installed and always wondered what they did.

To second curly, yes, up until the management change Nortel made restricted sw for the CICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back