Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i store pictures in a MySql Database ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBG

Programmer
Apr 18, 2000
GR
Is it possible to store Pictures (jpg,gif) in a MySql Database ? And if the answer is yes, how can i do it ?

Thanks for any help

I am not 100% sure if you can store an image in a mysql database. What I do know is that you can store the location to the image in the database, have the image uploaded to the server, and have, say, a PHP script, call the database.

If you are wondering how to do PHP interaction with a mySQL database, I would be willing to help.

Hope this helps,

-Vic
vic cherubini
malice365@hotmail.com
====
Knows: Perl, HTML, JavScript, C/C++, PHP, Flash, Director
====

I still haven't tried it out - but i suppose it's possible to put pictures into a BLOB-Type field.
(They must be useful for something).

Roland.

Heheh.

I know what you mean, I have never used one at all. I have no clue what they are for.

-Vic
vic cherubini
malice365@hotmail.com
====
Knows: Perl, HTML, JavScript, C/C++, PHP, Flash, Director
====

I have a publication "MySQL" written by Paul DuBois that has the answer for your question, yes you can do it and it is by using blob fields, the code is found on page 269 - Working With Image Data. I haven't got it to work yet because I am fairly new to C++, but I think I am close, if you look at this publication with the code in it and you get it to work, let me know how.
thanx
bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back