Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I Specify Max No of Objects To Be Created By MTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rain

Programmer
May 25, 2000
IN
hi,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;i want to know if i can somehow specify how many objects of a paticular component i want MTS to create,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I am aware of object pooling in COM+ but is it possible for me to specify it im MTS 2.0

Howdy,<br><br>In the MTS 2.0 Helpfile under 'Object Pooling and Recycling':<br>&quot;...<br><br>Important&nbsp;&nbsp;Object pooling and recycling is not available in this release. MTS calls CanBePooled as described here, but no pooling takes place. This forward-compatibility encourages developers to use CanBePooled in their applications now in order to benifit from a future release without having to modify their applications later.<br><br>...&quot;<br><br>Regards,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Kees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back