Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I send Group Number as outgoing internal Extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luzie67

Technical User
Oct 16, 2014
DE
We have an IPO500v2 on R9.1

Yet we have an extension number 385.

I should attach a second phone which also rings parallel on number 385. So I think of making a hunt Group, where I put in the original 385 (renumbered to e.g. 384) and a new phone 386. So on calling 385 both phones 384 and 386 ring.

Is it possible to signal out Group number 385 as outgoing extension number for internal calls? So if I make an internal call from 384 or 386 extension number 385 should be displayed.

All internals numbers are in range 300-399.

Nope
you can only send out another extension if you are twinned internally with it.

So you could make a new extension and twin it with 385 but that means that this extension will lose its own identity and you can only reach it by calling actually 385

Other alternative would be to also leave 385 the way it is use bridged appearance and use those buttons to make calls.
Twinning is easier and less confusing for users

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Or used bridged appearances. Leave 385 as is and add bridged appearance buttons for 385 onto 386. The only issue here could be call volume as they would be sharing their lines. You could always add more call appearances if allowed.

Haha
I should have refreshed my screen before answering.
or typed a bit faster :)

But seems we all had the same thoughts

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Thank you all! Work like a charm with Twinning! (including sending extension 385 correct internal and external).

Yep, that's what it's for, cool eh :)

nte-transmall.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back