Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I select query results to populate a form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

egsutc

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
US
I'm a new user of Access. Is there an easy way to select records after running a query to populate a form? The query generates a list of unique class offerings. I want to select records to populate a registration form. Or is this something too advanced for a beginner?

create your query then make the forms record source = the query

If I understand you correctly, you would like to be able to select unique classes within your registration form based on your query results. One way to do this is to change your query to a make table query. After access (run query) has successfully created your table using your query criteria, then create a combo box field within the registration form(s). Use the newly created table as the control source for your combo box. You can also enable the 'limit to list=yes' property, so people can only select classes within your drop down list. This is really important for quality assurance and reporting purposes. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back