Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I Scheduled send of Internal mails???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lclechner

Technical User
Jan 17, 2002
BR
Hi!

I'm having a problem with some of my internal users, they start using email as a "instant message". Some of them exchange dozen mails in 5 minutes. For external mails I solve this problem using a mail connector with a schedule, but the internal mails are sent directly to users mailbox. Is there a way to force a schedule for this internal mails, in the Exchange Configuration or in the Outlook policies?

TKS.

I think you would be better of solving the USER problem then the mail problem.
If you are in charge, make them comply!
Talk to them, send out a warning, give some guidelines, whatever, and if needed, even preferred, get Management to do it.

Otherwise you will spend time and time again on tweaking your server just because some users want to play.

PS: If you are in charge and have enough authority, well, sorry but make the offenders feel it 'the hard way' by limiting their sending levels (temporarely).

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back